MBBS in Nepal for Indian Students | Is Nepal a good option?
Studying MBBS course in Nepal is an amazing opportunity for medical students across the globe. Many foreign students especially Indian students are inclining towards the MBBS course in Nepal.
There is a cordial relationship between Nepal and India due to which MBBS in Nepal for Indian students becomes a comfortable endeavor.
Medical colleges in Nepal are most sought after by international students so enrolling in MBBS courses in Nepal can be competitive. Deserving candidates can get admission to top medical colleges in Nepal. Studying MBBS in Nepal is an amazing opportunity for medical students across the globe.
Why Nepal can be an option to study MBBS for Indian students?
- International standard curriculum
- Merit-based selection process
- Low tuition fees
- Excellent infrastructure
- No visa required for Indian
- IELTS, TOFEL not required
- Relatively affordable fees
- The good climate in Nepal, pleasant weather for the most part of the year
- Simple documentation procedure
- Friendly local community
- High-quality practical as well as theoretical knowledge
- Implementation of modern equipment and technology
- Less problem with the language barrier as Nepalese and Indian languages are quite similar and easy to catch up.
- Safe for foreign students
- Affordable accommodation facilities
- Lays the foundation for better post-graduation courses
Nepalese accepts international students heartily and it would be quite easier for Indian students to adapt in Nepal. Hence, it is a great place to study and will give you the correct boost for your career as a doctor.
MBBS Selection Criteria and Eligibility for Indian Students
The admission process is transparent and unbiased however MBBS Admission in Nepal at the lowest package is competitive too and preparations need to be done. English is the medium of instruction. Colleges have an entrance test and students are selected on a merit basis.
For Indian Students:
50% Seats is allocated for foreign students in College of Medical Sciences.
Indian Students seeking admission in MBBS course in Nepal must fulfill these criteria to study mbbs in nepal.
- Candidate should be at least 17 years of age.
- Entrance Examination or Candidates passing recognized Entrance Test of concern year of MBBS program in their respective country or internationally recognized test (NEET), will be eligible for admission in the respective program.
- Candidate must have completed 10+2 years of education or equivalent with English, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as main subjects and he/she must have passed in all these subjects, securing not less than 50% of marks in each subject and also obtain an aggregate of 50% overall.
- Indian students seeking to study MBBS in Nepal must submit Eligibility certificate issued by the Medical council of India(MCI).
Required Documents for Admission procedure in MBBS
- Birth certificate
- Marksheets of 10th and 10+2
- School Leaving certification
- Certification of Conduct
- Proof of Nationality (suppporting documents: Aadhar card, PAN card, voter ID card, or any other valid ID proof like passport)
- NEET scorecard result (*mandatory)
- Valid Indian Passport (VISA is not required for Indian students in Nepal)
- The university or the college might ask for other documents that should be submitted at the time of admission.
Curriculum and Syllabus of MBBS in Nepal
Medical universities in Nepal have compact and excellent curriculum covering the complete syllabus of MBBS courses designed to meet international standards. One of the many advantages of getting an MBBS degree in Nepal is an excellent curriculum.
More Details on: MBBS course in Nepal by College Of Medical Sciences
MBBS course duration in Nepal
Five and Half Years
- Pre-Clinical: Two Years (4 Semesters)
- Clinical: Two and Half Years (5 Semesters)
- Internship: One year of compulsory rotating residential
Fee Structure for MBBS Course (Estimated)
The total package – 58-65 Lakh
- First year- around 30,00,000
- Second year- around 7,00,000
- Third-year- around 7,00,000
- Fourth-year- around 7,00,000
- Fifth year- around 7,00,000
- Hostel- around 95,000 per year
MBBS in College of Medical Sciences
College of Medical Sciences is permanently affiliated to the Kathmandu University and fully recognized by the Nepal Medical Council, Medical Council of India, Srilankan Medical Council, General Medical Council of Great Britain (UK) and is enlisted in the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates of USA (ECFMG), WHO’s World Directory of Medical Schools-2000, and also recognized by the Medical Board of California, USA.
COMS imparts quality education to aspiring students. The program is aimed at producing qualified doctors. We are known for our rigorous and target-oriented training. If being a great doctor is on your mind, then the College of Medical Sciences can be your next destination.
To sum up, it will be a personal choice based on one’s ranking in neet, university, economic aspects and comparing other situations like language culture food distance, etc on an individual level. If you want to earn an MBBS degree from a recognized university at an affordable cost, then studying MBBS in Nepal will surely be a wise decision.